Dr Rajeev Rao Eashwari is currently working as Chief Digital Officer, Evexia group of Hospitals.
He is a medical doctor with 41 years of healthcare experience. He is passionate about using technology to improve quality of service provided to our community.
He is Physician who has extensive knowledge of Hospital Management, Clinical Governance, Health Informatics, data analytics, Clinical document Management, Artificial intelligence, Telemedicine Population Health Management, and Universal Health coverage.
Worked as the Director of eHealth for 12 years -6 years in of Kwa Zulu-Natal Department 0f Health and last 6 years in Gauteng Department of Health from Oct 2017 to May 2023.
Completed extensive courses in Medical informatics and Telemedicine from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Advanced training in telemedicine from TATRC Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (Department of Defence, US Army.
Improving public sector service delivery ICT-driven POCs in South Africa,
- National CPSI-DPSA 2013 -Teleradiology and 2014- Population Health management.
- Provincial KZN MEC’s Service excellence, including population health management and teleradiology.
- South African National Ministerial Advisory Committee on eHealth from 2018 to 2024.
- Part of the team that developed The South African National Digital Health Strategy 2018 to 2024.
- Currently, Vice President of the South African Health Informatics Association.