Dr Vuyo Gqola is a registered Medical Practitioner. After several years in clinical practice, she made the transition into the managed care industry in 2010. In 2015 she was appointed as GEMS Executive: Healthcare Management. In her current role as GEMS Chief Healthcare Officer (CHO), she is responsible for managed care services including clinical risk and medicine management; healthcare networks; provider relations; tariffs and billing; tariff negotiations and healthcare strategic sourcing. She holds thefollowing qualifications:
Bachelor of Science (BSc) from University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN).
- BSc (Hons) in Microbiology from UZKN.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) from University of Cape Town
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Health Care Leadership (University of
- Certificate in Expert Negotiation (Gordon Institute of Business Science – GIBS).
- Certificate in Global Health Delivery (Harvard University).
- Certificate in The Strategy for Healthcare Delivery (Harvard Business School).